Trump scales back military exercise with S Korea, calling it ‘costly’ and ‘hostile’ to the North
“These exercises are not only costly […] but send a signal that is completely inappropriate and hostile,” Trump wrote in a social media post.
“These exercises are not only costly […] but send a signal that is completely inappropriate and hostile,” Trump wrote in a social media post.
Lawmakers voted en bloc, setting up a next round of votes to confirm a new Pentagon comptroller, along with other influential positions.
“I think we've done a pretty good job of identifying, amongst commanders, where we're going to take risk or how we manage the risks as we prioritize… [efforts] in the CENTCOM region right now and what are those things that you know we are able to absorb as commanders elsewhere in the Air Force enterprise,” said PACAF Commander Gen. Kevin Schneider.
In an at times contentious hearing, the defense secretary said the administration urgently needed nearly $90 billion in supplemental funding in part to cover Iran conflict-related costs.
According to an internal memo obtained by Breaking Defense, the new role covers all ground vehicles, all small air vehicles and almost all sea vehicles, and reports directly to Deputy Defense Secretary Stephen Feinberg.
Major workforce reductions at DOT&E have led to "action officers" being assigned more programs, programs in warfare areas for which they lack expertise, or both, GAO said.
Invitees to the closely held, publicly unannounced meeting included Anduril, Castelion and Leidos, sources said.
Pentagon program offices are under pressure, juggling the urgency of getting reconciliation funding under contract by Oct. 1 while making sure those contracts include fair pricing and adequate oversight, one defense official told Breaking Defense.
Gen. Christopher Donahue is the latest esteemed officer to leave the military under Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth’s tenure.
This week on The Break Out, we look at why Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth is reviewing the American troop posture in Europe before we see what's new in the race to develop a drone wingman for military pilots.
Hegseth called NATO’s response to Iran “shameful” in his comments, while also railing against social issues in Europe.
The rechristening follows a series of other name changes inside the department under Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth.
"Our commitment to the law of armed conflict is not a constraint on our lethality," Adm. Brad Cooper, the CENTCOM head, wrote in a memo.
So far, the department has ordered 20,000 small, FPV-style drones from 10 vendors.